Prof. Jim Egan
01 803 2606
01 803 4048
- FRCP (UK)
- MD (NUI)
- MRCP (UK)
- MB BCh BAO
- Consultant Respiratory and Lung Physician
- Irish National Lung and Heart Transplant Program
- Mater Misericordiae Hospital, Eccles Street, Dublin 7
- St Vincents Hospital, Elm Park, Dublin 4
- University College Dublin, Ireland
- Honorary Consultant, Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital, Dublin 12, Ireland
- Director ofOrgan Donation and transplantation
- Professor Egan is currently co-chair of The American Thoracic Society / European Respiratory Society – Guideline Committee for the Management of Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis.
- Co-chair of the ATS Guidelines Committee for the management of Bronchiolitis Obliterans. He is spokesperson for The Irish Medical Devices Association; Clinical Trials Taskforce and is chairman of The Irish Transplant Society.
- Prof Egan was appointed as Lead Physician to the Irish National Lung Transplant Programme in 2000.
The Management of Advanced Lung Disease, particularly pulmonary fibrosis and lung transplantation. He also has unique experience in Interventional bronchoscopy in reference to endoscopic volume reduction for Emphysema.
He acted as Principle Investigator for the majority of International multi centre treatment studies of pulmonary fibrosis.
Professor Jim Egan qualified in University College Galway and he trained in Pulmonary Medicine in the North West Lung Centre, Manchester, United Kingdom.
Prof Egan has published approximately 81 manuscripts and a book on interstitial lung disease.
American Thoracic Society – Clinical Problems Planning Committee. Professor Egan is a member of The British, Australian and Irish Thoracic Society Committee which published guidelines for the diagnosis and management of interstitial Lung disease.