Prof. William Powderly
01 716 6609
MB BCH BAO (UCD); MD (UCD); FRCPI; FIDSA
Fellowship in Infectious Diseases, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, USA, (1983-87).
- Dean of Medicine and Head of the School of Medicine and Medical Science at University College Dublin.
- Professor of Medicine and Therapeutics at UCD and the Mater Misericordiae University Hospital in Dublin, Ireland. Until July 2004
- Professor of Medicine (and co-chief of the Division of Infectious Diseases) at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, Missouri, USA .
- Actively involved in HIV-related clinical research for over twenty-five years and while in the USA held many leadership roles in the US Adult AIDS Clinical Trials Group, including Vice-Chair of the Group and chair of its Scientific Steering Committee.
- Has been a member of numerous Advisory groups for the National Institutes of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in the USA.
- First Chairman of the HIV Medicine Association in the USA.
- Widely published in Infectious Diseases (especially HIV and AIDS) with over 370 original articles or book chapters.
- Together with Prof. Jonathan Cohen, Dean of the School of Medicine at Brighton and Sussex in the UK, edits a major international textbook in Infectious Diseases.