Health Records Department
The Health Records Department is responsible for the quality, maintenance and control of all inpatient, outpatient and emergency department records, ensuring confidentiality, accuracy of recording and prompt retrieval of information not only for patient care, but also as a basis for reporting, for research, and for statistics. Records are held in hard copy, in electronic format and microfilm.
Description of Service:
- Clinical appointments, reception and registration service in the out-patient departments
- 24-hour administrative service in the Emergency Department
- Medical secretarial service provided to consultant medical staff
- 24-hour data collection admission/chart retrieval service
- Administrative services to the diagnostic and treatment day care facilities
- Documentation and registration of all hospital deaths with advice and assistance to relatives of deceased patients on the procedure to be followed to obtain death certificates.
Health Records Library
Telephone: 01 803 2262 / 01 803 2002
Fax No.: 01-803 4779
Death Registration Office
Telephone: 01 -803 2485