Welcome to the Nursing Department of the Mater Misericordiae University Hospital.The Mater Hospital is a university teaching hospital and is the major accident and emergency hospital serving Dublin's inner city.
Description of Service
The nursing department is committed to building a community of excellence by combining academic and practical knowledge with the highest degree of professional ethics, while espousing core values of caring, compassion, equity, respect, patient-centred and patient-sensitive care.
Our visionary strategic plan is designed to achieve excellence in patient care and two notable projects have evolved via collaborative associations as a result:
- Nursing Metrics Project in collaboration with the Heartlands Trust (analysing clinical statistics, enabling us to measure and benchmark our care with other national and international organisations);
- The development of a framework for the identification, measurement and implementation of a core set of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for nursing and midwifery has been the focus of a collaborative research project between the University of Ulster, Belfast HSC Trust and South Eastern HSC Trust. The Mater Hospital has developed a collaborative partnership with our colleagues in order to allow us to become a pilot site for this research.
Our mission is to ensure the delivery of optimal patient care and excellent patient care services.
We aim to fulfil our mission through:
- Maintenance of quality assurance standards
- Appropriate allocation and management of nursing resources
- Development, implementation and evaluation of departmental strategic and operational plans
- Establishing standards of nursing care and practice and ensuring these standards guide the provision of nursing care
- Development and maintenance of a governance structure with operating procedures and staffing to meet the needs of the hospital and the Department of Nursing
- Evaluation of simple and complex processes and policies in line with the HSE code of integrated discharge planning
- Extend the roll out of the leadership programme to next cohort of clinical nurse managers
Nursing Department Strategic Aims (43 kbs)
Nursing Structure (468 kbs)
For a complete listing of all our wards please see the Wards A - Z.