The Mater Misericordiae University Hospital website has been constructed to ensure that it is accessible to all. For this reason we have designed it to meet the W3C guidelines.
The Mater Misericordiae University Hospital website has been coded using the following accessibility principles.
- Navigation - Website navigation is coded as lists to ensure that all menu navigation can be read by screen readers
- Tables – All tables include summary attributes and are used solely for displaying tabular data and not for layout purposes.
- Images - All images are coded with ALT text attributes. Blank alt attributes are used for decorative images such as bulleted-list images, spacer images, etc.
- Font-sizing – Font size can be increased or decreased using the “Text Size” button available on all pages
- Forms - All forms are coded where labels are explicitly linked to relevant input field
The site uses Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) for layout and visual formatting. If your browser does not support CSS or your wish to turn it off then all pages are still easily readable and actionable.
All pages are checked using the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 6, 7, 8 and 9
- Firefox 3.6
- Safari 5.0
- Chrome 8.0
All older browsers can access the website although the content maybe without graphical layout due to lack of CSS compatibility within the browser.
Mater Misericordiae University Hospital is committed to ensuring that this website is accessible to everyone. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding the accessibility of this site, please use our Contact Us Form and a member of staff will be in touch with you.
We are continually striving to improve the experience for all visitors and value any comments or feedback.