For a GP blood test, please click the button below:
For an OPD blood test, please click the button below:
Phlebotomy Appointments (Blood Tests)
When you are told that you need a blood test - it is good to know what’s involved and what you are being tested for.
A blood test is a procedure where a sample of blood is drawn from a vein or artery and sent for analysis to the pathology laboratory for evidence of disease, abnormality or infection.
Blood tests are ordered by a doctor, either your general practitioner (GP) or hospital consultant, if you are attending our outpatient or emergency services or are an in-patient.
Our blood testing service can be provided in one of 3 ways:
Referral Blood Tests
- APPOINTMENT REQUIRED no walk-in service
- FREE ON LINE Booking Service now available, click on button above for GP or OPD selection
- Local call cost appointment can be made on 01-2910181
- GP Urgent appointments: on line or call 01 803 2078
- Department opening times are 8.00am to 4.00 pm weekdays (Monday to Friday)
- Go to the blood testing department (Phlebotomy), entrance via Whitty Building, North Circular Road