Freedom of Information
The Freedom of Information Act 2014 allow you to:
- Request access to records held by the hospital not normally available.
- Make a correction to personal information relating to you that is incomplete, incorrect or misleading.
- Be given reasons for decisions taken by the hospital which directly affect you.
Records affected by the Acts include:
- All records relating to personal information including information held in patient and staff records.
- All other records created on or after the 21 April 1998.
The Freedom of Information Act can allow the hospital to restrict access to some information in certain circumstances but you will be given a full explaination if this happens.
How to make a request:
- State that the request is under the Freedom of Information Act.
- Give enough information to help us find the records you request.
- Give proof of your identity by means of a passport, driving licence or other official form of ID.
Staff in the Freedom of Information office will help you prepare your request. A guide to obtaining access to information at the hospital is available for download.
Contact for further information:
The Freedom of Information Officer,
Mater Misericordiae University Hospital,
Telephone: 01 803 2983
Fax: 01 803 2938