Information for Patients
During each visit with the Pain Specialist, the relevant information pertinent to any pain intervention is provided alongside an education session. Each patient has an opportunity to ask questions relating to their pain during each consultation.
If you have any query regarding your appointment, contact department secretary at 8032115.
We welcome physician referrals or referrals from general practitioners for patients who have acute or chronic pain. We request that a written referral completed by a treating physician/general practitioner along with all other pertinent records be forwarded to our Pain Center prior to the initial appointment with the patient. Patients without a referral cannot be seen and will have to be rescheduled on receipt of the appropriate referral.
- Injections of the Cervical and Lumbar Facet Joints
- Peripheral and Autonomic Nerve Blocks
- Selective Nerve Root Injections
- Epidural Steroid Injections
- Trigger Joint injections
- Sacro-iliac Joint Injections
- Radiofrequency Lesioning
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
- Percutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation
- Implantable intrathecal pumps
- Pharmacological Management
- Non-pharmacological Therapies
- Physical and Occupational Therapy
- Intravenous Lidocaine and Ketamine Infusions
- TENS Education Programme
Through the use of the Pain Center’s expert multidisciplinary approach, we are able to provide treatment that enables patients to become more productive and improve their quality of life.